Exclusive Wedding invitations are much in vogue these days where people are not going for the same old routine cards. They truly believe that old is boring. It is interesting to observe that many new and innovative ideas seem to be floating around which are so unique and interesting that one wonders why were they not thought of earlier.
An invitation card is a complete package in itself which truly exhibits the right beginning of the event which holds a lot of importance in any individual’s life. Wedding, no doubt is an important milestone which indicates a new chapter in one’s journey and that is why everything about this grand ceremony must be given due attention, especially it must begin at a happy note with the help of the wedding invitation cards which must not only be aesthetically and visually appealing but also contain the most appropriate wordings, expressed in an articulate manner.
Wedding Card Wordings are of extreme importance as they reflect the emotions and display the host’s feelings which he wishes to convey through these cards along with giving the necessary information of time and venue in a systematic manner. They also communicate the warmth of a person who truly desires his close ones to be
WHAT ALL MUST A WEDDING CARD WORDING INCLUDE:
- BEGINNING: The cards may begin with a good quotation on a wedding in a calligraphic font to create an impression from the bygone days yet so exclusive that this gesture will surely impress everyone. These quotations may reflect the hosts’ personal taste as they can be cheeky, quirky, simple or extremely sentimental.
- WHO IS HOSTING: The name of the host i.e. the bride or the groom’s parents or grandparents who are hosting the wedding party or reception must be mentioned in the beginning to make it clear for the guests. If you wish to include anyone as a host who is a deceased member of the family, it is better to use ‘Late’ before the deceased’s name.
- NAMES OF BRIDE AND GROOM: Names of the bride and groom are to be written mentioning the names of their parents too.
- WORDS TO REQUEST TO INVITE: PLEASED TO INVITE
‘Request the pleasure of your company’.
‘Grace the occasion with your benign presence’
‘We will be honoured to receive you’
- THE DATE AND TIME OF DIFFERENT EVENTS LIKE MEHENDI CEREMONY, SANGEET AND WEDDING: Date may not include the year but timings include o’clock, for e.g. 5 o’clock, etc.
- VENUE WITH LOCATION MAP
- SEPARATE CARD FOR RECEPTION MAY BE ATTACHED FOR THE SELECTED FEW
- CONTACT NUMBERS OF THOSE WHO CAN HELP IN CASE OF ANY QUERY
You can never go wrong with your wedding invite if it includes all the above mentioned contents. If you wish to include the names of the joint family members as is customary in India, include their names at the right hand corner of the card. For more such ideas visit Indian Wedding Card.